This is the kind of recipe that makes me just want to scream its name – STRAWBERRY BUTTERRRRR!
This strawberry butter is fantastic on fresh bread or rolls – it turns nearly everything you put it on into a fancy ass dessert.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks – softened!)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Cream the softened butter with a hand mixer.
- Dice up 1/2 cup’s worth of strawberries – cut off the tops and any pieces of the middle that are really white. You want the juiciest and reddest parts for this! It took me five strawberries.
- Dump your strawberries into the butter, and then pass the powdered sugar through a sieve and onto the strawberries and butter.
- Mix well with your hand mixer – I like to take it long enough that the butter turns pink and the strawberry pieces break down a little.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge!
I find it’s best made ahead so the strawberry flavor really comes out – make sure to take it out of the fridge in advance so it softens up a little!