I have two main weakness: pasta and potatoes.
I crave them alllll the time.
I finally figured out how to make awesome potato wedges with no frying, so here you go. Brace yourself for an additional few pounds and a considerable amount of happiness. Also cravings. Sorry.
- 2-3 russet potatoes, washed
- seasoning of choice: I like Lawry’s seasoned salt! easy and tasty
- vegetable oil
When it comes to seasoning, there are lots of options! Lemon pepper and salt are amazing, Tony’s cajun is great, a combination of cayenne, salt paprika, garlic powder and pepper is delicious too. Just use a good amount – 1/2 to 1 tablespoon total in most cases.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Wash each potato, scrub dry and cut into 8-12 wedges – make sure the wedges are all the same size.
- Put them on a large baking sheet (no parchment or aluminum foil, please! they need contact)
- Add a ton of seasoning. Really go wild with it!
- Add enough oil to cover the wedges and the sheet and mix everything together with your hands! Make sure the sheet has a thin layer of oil on it – you need a good amount of oil to keep them from sticking.
- Arrange them neatly on the sheet so they aren’t touching
- Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes.
- Flip them.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until soft in the middle!
- EAT ALL THE POTATOES