The josephine knot is the best – really pretty but also simple. 😀 The image above should give you a good idea of how to go about it, but here’s a text walkthrough:
- Cut two lengths of cord – mine are about 50 inches long. This gives you lots of room to practice with.
- Double the cords over so the ends line up. Tie together the top loops.
- Take the left cord and loop it under itself as shown.
- Take your right cord and place it over the loop of the left cord.
- Continuing with the right cord, carry it under the end of the left cord.
- Take the right cord and go over-under-over-under from left to right.
- You can alter where it sits on the cords by tugging and pulling. You’ll get the feel for it as you go. 😀