These vanilla wafer style cookies are super quick and easy to make and almost impossible to mess up! I promise. As someone who habitually measures badly, overmixes, and gets distracted while making cookies, you can believe me. I have a very short list of perfect cookie recipes, and this is one of them. These cookies are serious damn business.
When it comes to baking, I really need a recipe to be simple and really tasty for me to make it again, and this is one I’ve made quite a few times now.
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted (4 tablespoons)
- 2 egg yolks
You’ll also want to get out a couple baking sheets and some parchment paper. 😀
- preheat the oven to 350 F
- sift the flour into a bowl and set aside
- in a large bowl, combine the vanilla, baking powder, salt and sugar by whisking
- add in the melted butter and whisk again until nice and smooth
- add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each
- dump the flour in and mix until just combined – make sure you have no dry spots left!
Use a teaspoon to portion out the dough – roll it into balls between your hands and then flatten the balls lightly with your palms. You can fit a ton of them on a baking sheet because they hardly spread. 🙂
Bake them for 12 minutes, or until nice and golden around the edges. This recipe will make between 30-40 cookies.
Try to eat them all before anyone else shows up and realizes you’re made cookies. They go quick!
(You can also make cake-y cookies by leaving them in round balls and baking for 10 minutes or so. They’re good but totally different from the flattened ones!)