You know how sometimes you fantasize about making something to eat when you’re just too lazy to do it? And then maybe later you finally get your ass in gear and decide to eat and what you make never lives up to the food fantasy you had?
WELL THESE DO.
They’re so delicious and so easy to make you should probably get on it right now.
- 8-12 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, softened at room temp – unflavored chevre is best!
- herbs and spices of your choice
- black pepper
- olive oil
I’m sure you could also use bell peppers and just cut them into wedges. When the jalapenos we’re growing are ready to pick, I’m going to do this with them, too. I can’t wait!
- Cut the peppers in half and remove any membrane and seeds.
- Toss them with a little olive oil and salt and pepper on a sheet pan.
- Make your goat cheese mix – I used several pinches of dried parsley and a couple pinches each of oregano and red pepper flakes. And then I added a few grinds of black pepper because I use excessive amounts of black pepper on everything 😀
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese and peppers are browned and the peppers are soft!
- Eat them immediately and have no regrets.