This is a super simple cooked red sauce – perfect for folks who like a little bit of sweet and smoke with their barbecue. It’s amazing on baked chicken thighs, and just as fantastic drizzled over pulled pork. 😀
Want a sauce with a little more bite? Check out my mustard barbecue sauce recipe!
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses (I used slightly less)
- 3-4 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce is as thick as you want! At this point, you can brush it over meat right away, or store it in the fridge for later.